NABE Diversity & Inclusion Initiative
The NABE Diversity & Inclusion Initiative and Committee were formed in May 2019, with the charges to:
1. Explore the current state of diversity and inclusion within NABE and member workplaces.
2. Suggest best practices to the NABE Board for NABE operations (conference planning, nominating committee, etc.).
3. Suggest tactics to the NABE Board for broadening and diversifying the business economist candidate pipeline.
4. Suggest tactics to the NABE Board to measure NABE’s progress going forward.
Accomplishments To Date:
- NABE Diversity Scholars Program:
Launched in June 2020, this five-year program expands on current NABE Foundation scholarship programs by providing scholarships for the Economic Measurement Seminar to minority economists/students who plan on going into a career in applied economics.
NABE Press Release on Diversity Scholars Program (6/25/2020)
- Webinar discussions on diversity/inclusion topics:
Past webinars include "Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace" (June 1, 2020; replay available to NABE Members on the Digital Archive page), "Healthcare Inequality in the U.S." (June 22, 2020; replay available to NABE Members on the Digital Archive page), and "Race, Mobility, and Fairness in the U.S. Economy" with Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Raphael Bostic and Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis President Neel Kashkari (June 30, 2020; replay available here).
- Conversations with corporate diversity officers:
The committee is launching a series of conversations with corporate diversity officers to learn more about best practices and help in the development of NABE diversity and inclusion efforts going forward.
Questions? Ideas? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
Manuel Balmaseda, CBE
MacroPolicy Perspectives, LLC
Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government
Harvard Kennedy School
LaVaughn Henry, CBE
White House Council of Economic Advisers
Constance Hunter, CBE
SAK Economics, LLC
Harvard Business School
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Luis Torres, CBE
Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University