Writing Skills for Business Economists and Analysts
NABE’s Writing Skills for Business Economists and Analysts course provides essential skills and tools needed for effective communication of technical information to clients and end users of varying levels of sophistication.
Enroll now to ensure that your analyses receive the attention they deserve!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Convey your thoughts concisely, clearly, and cohesively
- Systematically organize your material to maximize readability and retention
- Understand how to alter your approach for different end users
- Present complex technical information simply
- Determine the best writing style to use for your office, agency, or firm
- Avoid common writing mistakes made by economists and analysts
- Appropriately employ jargon, analogies, and visual aids to drive home your message
For more info, view the Course Table of Contents
Participants are encouraged to bring a one-to-three page writing sample with them to the course. Your writing sample will be used throughout the day in various activities to identify and modify for the following:
- Purpose Statement
- Document organization for readability and flow
- Document's clarity and conciseness
- Identifying your voice
- Document layout and design
To get the most out of this class, please bring a sample of something you are working on or have recently written. While many organizations use template-driven documents, we do not recommend that for the class exercises.
Enhance your writing skills and unleash your career potential!
Enroll and earn your certificate in Writing Skills for Business Economists and Analysts from NABE.
Past students have said:
"The instructor was phenomenal and has outstanding command of the material."
"The pacing and structure of the course were excellent,
the class size was just right, and the course was very interactive."
Who should attend?
Business economists, government economists, analysts, and others seeking to enhance their writing skills, learn best practices for business and technical writing, and communicate complex information and analyses in a clear, concise manner.
NABE Member Early-Bird: $550
U.S. Government Employee Early-Bird: $625
Non-Member Early-Bird: $700
July 17, 2019 - Four Seasons Hotel, Washington, DC
October 9, 2019 - Hilton Embassy Suites Denver Downtown Convention Center, Denver, CO
For future offerings of NABE's other Certified Business Economist programs, check the CBE calendar.