Economics of Strategy and Managerial Decision Making - ONLINE
Is your company profit maximizing? Do you or your manager need a better framework for evaluating new projects and growth opportunities? Add rigor to business decisions by enrolling in NABE's certificate program Economics of Strategy and Managerial Decision Making.
In today’s fast-paced economy, intelligent business decisions require a deep understanding of microeconomic foundations and applications. In this course, students will develop the tools necessary to provide managers with sound economic insights and advice. Following this course, students will be able to:
- Model cost functions and recognize the issues in cost and production data collection
- Identify factors that influence a firm’s decision to internationally expand horizontally and/or vertically
- Understand the calculation and uses of cost of capital and net present value
- Model and forecast demand using various functional forms
- Estimate and use price elasticity to determine optimal price
- Define market structure and calculate market concentration
- Apply game theory models to business situations
- Explain how cost-benefit analysis and cost effectiveness are used to determine a change in government policy or programs
All attendees earn NABE's Certificate in Economics of Strategy and Managerial Decision Making. This course is a core component of NABE's Certified Business Economist program, the certification in applied economics and data analytics. More information
For more info, view the Course Table of Contents.
Early-Bird Online Registration:
NABE Member*: $750
U.S. Government Employee: $825
*An additional $75 will be added for shipment of materials outside the U.S.
Check back for future offerings!
For future offerings of NABE's other Certified Business Economist programs, check the CBE calendar.